08 March, 2010

Photoshop Practise #2


For my second official practise at using Photoshop, I decided to focus on the layout and design of a magazine double-page spread. I chose a different genre of music - hip hop - as I wanted to try a completely different style than my actual design will house. This came about as I was focusing more on utilising certain tools in Photoshop, but not yet wanting to apply the target audience's needs to my design thoughts.

I utilised text from Wikipedia for the article, and took quotes from the official DVD the group has released. "Steadily shine in '10" is a play on the groups' famous line "Steadily shine in '99", from their hit single "Heavenly Divine". I made sure to include several integral elements to magazines such as puffs to make it look as professional as possible.