10 March, 2010

Design - Magazine Logo Ideas

These are just some of the magazine name and logo designs that I have roughly created. Before I activate a poll for the general public to choose their favourite, I will be making more varied designs to make sure I have exhausted all angles of design to do with magazines covering the genre of metal. The following is a very brief explanation of each of the above four logo designs:
  • #4 is my personal favourite out of the four, although the font might not the best for the job.
  • #3 was inspired by Q magazine, and it would likewise be placed on the top left corner on each edition - possibly changing the rust effect to whatever suits the main photo each week.
  • #2 looks a bit of a mess, but leaves a lot of room to comfortably fit sub-titles between the letters that stick out.
  • #1 was inspired by the Total Guitar and Classic Rock magazine, so the chosen font might be way off, but the placement and 3D effect of the two words is more what I was experimenting with.