15 February, 2010

Mood Board - Metal & Magazines

Mood boards are primarily created to develop design concepts and to communicate to others the direction in which the project is heading. Applying this to my coursework; the above mood board I produced visually displays the type of clothes, photo shoot dynamics and general feel that I will be attempting to mimic with my own creation. I used elements of magazine covers to converge the two topics of metal bands and magazines. Click the above thumbnail to maximize the image.

What I have taken from this mood board:
  • Dark coloured clothing is typically worn by band members
  • Long hair is a lot more common than short (although this is not normally orchestrated)
  • Apathetic or aggressive expressions are typically worn by band members
  • Although most camera angles have been used for metal band photos, the most dominate one featured in my mood board is a simple mid-shot.