11 February, 2010

College Newsletter Analysis - Mock-up Front Page


Above is the mock up I produced for my version of the Deyes College newsletter. Despite my earlier analysis of the current newsletter – stating that it does not need to be changed – I decided to create my own version to practice using software such as Microsoft Publisher, and also the concepts of magazine layouts and presentation. For this reason I aimed it at a more particular audience, namely that of high school students (roughly between 11-17). Because of this I inserted a large image of a student who attends the school, and put less emphasis on the professionalism of the school being a special science college. The main colour of the cover is obviously blue; it is known to give connotations of loyalty and calmness – retaining at least some elements of the school’s ‘Proper’ image that it would no doubt want to retain.